Ú1419 N 17th Street, Belleville, Illinois 62226 | ( 618-233-7159 | * firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for Harmony
- Rent is $20 per plot for use from March 1 through November 30.
- Please wait to plant until after a plot has been officially assigned to you.
- Practice good garden management techniques. See the handout provided, or speak with Katie for more information.
- We strive to be an organic garden. (For more information about weed and pest management, please see the list of suggested organic treatment options.
- With any garden treatment avoid allowing the spray or powder to drift onto other garden plots.
- Deposit plant waste into the appropriate designated enclosure.
- No pets in the garden
- Pick produce only from your own plot.
- Only water your own plot unless specific arrangements have been made. After watering your garden plot, please shut the water off at church building, then disconnect and roll up the hoses. Leave the hose open so that water pressure does not build up inside the hose.
- We strive to be good stewards of our resources. Please do not let produce rot in the garden. If you find yourself with more produce than you are able to use, please consider donating your abundance. St. Augustine’s food pantry (located at 1910 W. Belle in Belleville; 618-233-3813) receives food donations on Mondays and Thursdays from 1pm-4pm. The Interfaith Food Pantry (located at 1218 W. Main Street in Belleville; 618-355-9199) receives food donation on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1pm-3pm and Tuesday and Saturdays from 9am-11am.
- Please keep your plot weeded. Please also keep the paths around your garden plot clear and weed free. Gardeners will receive 2 warnings if their garden is in need of weeding, and then plots with weeds gone to seed will be rototilled.
- Clear all debris when you have finished for the season.
- Key to the shed will be available in the church office (open 9am – noon, Mon-Fri).
- Contact Katie (cell:618.409.0080) with concerns or comments … or for additional access to tools.
- Use Garden Directory (contact info for other gardeners) for garden use only.